1. The customer acknowledges that he/she is skilled enough, strong enough, and experienced enough to participate in this activity.
2. People with existing injuries should not participate.
3. Participants should be aware that kayaking can be dangerous. Hazards include (but not limited to); drowning, hypothermia, repetitive strain injury, slips, trips, falls, muscular injuries from paddling or moving equipment. All participants accept exposure the above-mentioned hazards and do not hold Island Kayak Sailing Adventures responsible for injuries obtained from kayaking.
4. Sailing kayaks are intended for use two or more persons, depending on the craft; the lessee agrees not to overload.
5. All safe boating regulations and procedures must be followed.
6. As the main hirer, you will be responsible for all the equipment used by members of your group.
7. Any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to hire a kayak and will not be eligible to a refund.
8. The hirer agrees to pay for any lost or damaged equipment.
9. Kayaks are booked out for hire for set periods each day, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that they arrive punctually at the start of their hire period and that the kayaks are returned on or before the end time of the hire period, failure to do will result in additional hire charges being made.
10. Island Kayak Sailing Adventures reserves the right to cancel hire of their kayaks if they perceive weather conditions to be unsuitable for kayaking. In these instances the hirer will be offered to rebook for an alternative time or be issued with a full refund.
11. Any cancellations made 48hrs before a booking will be eligible to a full refund, 24hrs before a 50% refund will be given less than 24hrs before no refund will be offered.
12. We reserve the right to terminate the hire without a refund if any of the conditions of this agreement are breached.
13. Life jacket/personal flotation device (PFD) will be securely fitted and worn whenever the participant is on the water. Sunscreen will damage life jacket, so shirt should be worn under PFD at all times.
14. The customer acknowledges that Island Kayak Sailing Adventures has their approval to charge credit card on file for damages, loss, and fines resulting from their use of the kayaks, paddleboards, and/or equipment. The customer agrees to comply with all Island Kayak Sailing Adventures Rental Terms and Conditions, and to pay any applicable fees, as included below.
15. It is illegal for boat operators to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind regardless of the degree of impairment. Customers must refrain from drug or alcohol use prior to or during use of rented equipment.
16. Equipment must be returned on time; there is no grace period for late returns. Early returns will be charged full rental rate (either hourly or daily as previously agreed upon); rentals are not prorated.
17. No one under 18 is allowed to rent kayaks except when accompanied by a legal guardian.
18. Only signatories of the Rental Agreement and Release Forms are allowed to use Island Kayak Sailing Adventures’ equipment. Customer is responsible for loss or damage caused by other users.
19. Island Kayak Sailing Adventures accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings incurred whilst hiring any of their kayaks.
20. Customers may not use kayaks or rented equipment for any use not intended by the manufacturers. In addition, customers may not use the kayak for: any illegal purpose or in an illegal manner; in a reckless, abusive, or negligent manner (including dragging or paddling up onto a beach); or in low-visibility conditions.
21. Island Kayak Sailing Adventures accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings incurred whilst hiring any of their kayaks.
22. Any questions that the customer has regarding this activity have been addressed to the satisfaction of the customer.
23. Island Kayak Sailing Adventures reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time.
24. DISCLAIMER. We will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.